Date posted: Thu 14 October 2021
This is a National sales role in a specialised area requiring ophthalmic experience and qualifications. Preference may be given to candidates who reside in Auckland. While a majority of your time is spent in the field, there are times where you may have the flexibility to work from the main office or from home.
Specific product training will be provided by the company.
The specific responsibilities of the role will include but are not limited to:
• Plan work to achieve sales revenue targets for defined territory, including financial metrics related to top line growth and market share
• Focus efforts on advanced technology Intra-ocular lenses portfolio, cataract diagnostic instrumentation and laser technology
• Provide strong knowledge of ophthalmic surgical procedures and technology
• Develop strong relationships with Ophthalmologists and their teams to create a patient-centric partnership
• Delivery of calculation and surgical support around the use of premium IOLs to provide an added value to surgeons and promote improved outcomes for patients
• Effective execution of marketing and launch plans to introduce new technology and products with all external stakeholders
• Demonstrate an ability to influence and guide customers to prefer our client's products through your experienced sales techniques
• Have a sound understanding of Salesforce.com and Einstein Analytics to drive performance and deliver results
Skills and Experience
Qualified orthoptist, optometrist or ophthalmic technician with sales experience is essential. Experience working within a surgical day centre or ophthalmic practice with a strong understanding of ophthalmic procedures and product technology is preferred. Sound analytical skills to discover business insight and opportunities. Desire and ability to learn technical information and communicate this effectively to a wide range of professionals is essential.
A driven to succeed attitude and dedicated customer focus is vital within this highly reputable company and will help you to excel. You will need a NZ drivers licence and ability to travel.
About the company
With a 70-plus-year heritage, this is the largest eye care device company in the world, with complementary businesses in Surgical and Vision Care.
Being a truly global company, they work with over 70 countries and serve patients in more than 140 countries. They have a long history of industry firsts, and each year they commit a substantial amount in Research and Development to meet customer needs and patient demands. They have a small sales supportive and highly tenured local team that prides themselves on delivering quality products and are focused on ensuring their staff are continually learning and developing to ensure they have the tools to succeed.
A generous base with incentives will see you earning a superior salary. Superannuation of 10%, medical cover, income protection and life insurance along with a car allowance will be offered to the successful applicant
Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Synergy Consulting Group is the trusted recruitment and career advisor in the medical and pharmaceutical sectors in New Zealand. We are actively recruiting Sales Representatives, Product Specialists, Sales Management, Clinical Support and customer services roles.
Sign up to receive job alertsSign up here